Ilona Selke was born in the Himalayas and raised the first three years in Afghanistan speaking Persian and then raised in Germany, by German parents. She moved to the U.S. at age 20 for her studies in philosophy when she met her husband Don Paris, Ph.D.
She continued in her studies of body-centered psychotherapy, Hakomi, Holodynamics, Radionics and alternative healing when they moved to Boulder Colorado, and later to their home on an island in the Pacific Northwest.Ilona and her husband are co-founders and directors of Living From Vision®, an institute for personal growth, multi-dimensional development of awareness, and spiritual relationships. The course Living from Vision® has been translated into German, French, Spanish, Chinese and Czechoslovakian, and is being taught worldwide.
They divided their time between their island homes, one in the Pacific Northwest and the other on Bali by their Retreat Center SHAMBALA OCEANSIDE RETREAT CENTER www.baliseminars.com and SHAMBALA SPA www.ubudmassage.com.
Since 1991 Ilona Selke and Don Paris have studied the lives of dolphins in their natural habitats throughout the world. Through their natural skills, dolphins exchanged telepathic messages with her that form the basis for her book, Wisdom of the Dolphins and her third book Dolphins, Love & Destiny. Both books tell us about inspiring adventures about dolphins and their key message to humanity: Using our imagination to build a better world.
Ilona Selke has been loved for her inspiration and practical solutions to spiritualizing one’s life and has appeared on TV and in Radio Interviews worldwide.
She has been a favorite speaker at the Prophet’s Conferences.
Her books are in print in four languages.
Previous books and publications in multiple languages are:
- ‘Alin learns to use his imagination’ a book for children of all ages
- Wisdom of the Dolphins
- Dolphin, Love & Destiny
- 8 Guided Imagery Journeys CDs in two languages
- 8 Music CDs
- ‘Quantum Reality’ in German only
- 8 DVDs on the use of imagery
- 1 Dolphin DVD and narration
- 1 YOGA Training DVD
- She worked with Dr. Newton on the production and co-creation of the Living From Vision® course; its translations, production and is the world wide director of the LFV Academy.
- LFV teacher training materials, videos, etc
- Many self help videos on You-Tube
- Training of teachers for the Living from Vision® course worldwide. The course “Living From Vision®” is being taught in six languages in over a dozen countries around the world.
Ilona Selke's first name means radiant and her family name can be traced to the Celtic myth about selkies, sea-dwelling mammals, usually a seal but sometimes a dolphin, capable of shape shifting into a human. In one legend a selkie changes into a beautiful woman and has children with a man. Their children were able to see into the future and communicate telepathically with animals. One wonders then at Ilona's own history and calling. In Australian aborigine mysticism it is believed that one is one's name. For Ilona Selke this certainly seems very close to the truth.